Tuesday, March 07, 2006

well, some books

'Discourse and social change' of Fairclough is an interesting book that I read weeks ago. It gives his review of the approaches to DA in the first chapter moving on to discussing Foucault and then in chapter three talks about a social theory and discourse and elaborates on his famous three dimensional conception of discourse diagram. Apart from the book as a whole which I find a very important source for CDA, there is this last chapter under the title of doing discourse Analysis which can be useful and helpful. I had already read his 'language and power' (1989) and 'CDA' (1995)about 6 years ago and this one fills the gap between the two.


There are some other books that I skimmed through more or less, reading the relevant materials. I had a look at 'communicating Gender in Context' co-edited by Wodak and Kotthoff specially Wodak's article. I found many of the authors here not very much known to me.

There were two other books 'Prison Discourse' by Andrea Mayr and 'CDA and Language Cognition' by Kieran O'halloran which are basically their PhD dissertations. I had a look at them. They are good examples of interdiciplinarity of CDA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home